Batik Rahsia Alam
It has been a great deal of interest for us to circumvent the environmental problems associated with manufactured colouring agents by using natural dyes. After undergoing many studies, research and experiments in our Nysakapas Batik Studio, we have developed our way of making Natural Dyed Batiks or also known as “Batik Rahsia Alam”, a new creation promising new skills and other sustainable systems that will help to nourish a greener textile dyeing process from potential plant resources used for natural dyeing and natural beeswax as a main component in our wax during Handblocking process.
HIAS 2022 is all about old, Traditional Motifs from the past that is found in the art of Traditional Woodcarving or "Seni Ukiran Kayu Tradisional". Motifs in the past from the East Coast of Malaysia are strongly influenced by Islamic beliefs. From Floral to Geometrical Islamic designs, each carved element has symbolic meanings in their positioning and symmetry that reflects the social life of the Terengganu "Kampung" people.
We believe in preserving Traditional Motifs and by discovering their beauty and essence, we want to showcase it through our handmade batiks. Because batiks exists to tell the true story of the celebration of cultural and natural heritage that will awaken the heart and stir the passion of our fellow Malaysians and all Batiklovers from around the world who value the fate of the craft that we make
A limited, luxurious scarf made meticulously by our Young Nysakapas Artisans from Kampung Serada, Kuala Terengganu. Cotton Silk is a cooling, silky and soft material that has two sides; slightly sheen and matte
Size and measurements:-
- 45 inches (Length) x 45 inches (Width)
- Material: Cotton Silk
- Handwash or Machinewash,prefarably handwash in room temperature water
- Made in Kampung Serada, Kuala Terengganu
Understanding our Natural Dyed Batiks:
1. Please understand that our products are handmade, hand dyed and handpainted in Kampung Serada, Kuala Terengganu.
2. Our dyes are made in different batches. The results in colouring are not the same and may vary as much as 30% from one colour to the other.
3. Products sold by Nysakapas may or may not contain natural and unnatural defects due to the natural environment of Kampung Serada and techniques of batikmaking such as unevenness in colour tones, lines and spots.
4. To find out more on how to care your naturally dyed batiks, have a look at our “HOW TO CARE”
If you are not satisfied with the products you received, do contact us through our email [email protected].
Nysakapas X My Creative Ventures
Sustainable Batiks using Traditional Batikmaking Method of Natural Beeswax and Local Plant Based Dyes from Pulur Nyior (Coconut Coir), Buoh Pinang (Betel Nuts) and Daun Mempelam (Mango Leaves)
We at Nysakapas would like to express our heartfelt gratitude to @mycreativeventures for awarding us this grant under Pakej Rangsangan Industri Kreatif Malaysia (PRISMA) under Fashion Pitch 2021/2022. Thank you for encouraging us to not only experiment but fulfill our dreams in making batiks the natural way. A slow process that protects our Young Nysakapas Artisans and enables us to explore the colours of nature that is sacred, pure and alive!